Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One month to go...

So I woke up this morning after a way-too-short night of sleep (Cinco De Mayo and Man U v. Arsenal, y'all), sludged my way over to the office on my bike, and found myself bombarded with a calendar that prompted the thought "Today is May 6."

Today is May 6. My flight home is booked for June 6. One month left of Africa and then it's back to the States.

I've been getting the sinking feeling lately that my mental/physical/psychological/emotional transition back to American life is going to be way more difficult than I bargained for. [The food transition, however, will not!] As challenging as it is to live in Uganda, I'm starting to suspect that it may be more challenging to leave Uganda. It's strange, but I can't imagine leaving here and being plopped back into my "normal" life.

Soooo... Today is May 6. I have one month. Here's to making it all it can be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment